Saturday, January 19, 2008

Breakfast Ramen

On most Saturday mornings I wake up with some kind of craving or another. Sometimes it's hashbrowns and eggs, sometimes it's sausage egg McMuffins, and sometimes it's ramen. Lately it's been kimchee. A couple of ramen breakfasts I've had lately:

ramen with bacon and eggs

ramen with breakfast sausage and kimchee (not pictured)

ramen with pork belly and kimchee
This last one was sooo amazingly good. Here's how you make it.
Cut up 2 strips of pork belly (it's like unprocessed, unsalted, uncured, meaty bacon) into a fying pan and fry. Cut it into small pieces with scissors and dump out the grease. Add a teaspoon of brown sugar, a clove of minced garlic and two teaspoons of ponzu sauce (I bought mine at the store - make your own similar sauce by mixing soy sauce, rice vinegar, and citrus juice). Add cut up pieces of kimchee. stir fry. Top it on your ramen. Yuuummm....

1 comment:

layered said...

No pancakes?